Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Woody

I'd like to introduce the newest member of our family, Woody...He decided to join us this morning and as much as we like having him here - we think it's time he went back to his birdie friends.

It's hard reasoning with a bird...I've tried, "Birdie, go outside, it's time for you to go..."; "Fly away birdie..."; "Your Mommy misses you, time to go see her..." Now he's got a name, Woody - I figure he's been here long enough - he deserves one.

Instead of flying back outside - since his arrival this morning I have removed the air conditioner from the loft and opened up the top window - he's decided he's going to peck his way out.

In addition to now having the loft window wide open - I have the front door open and some of Woody's cousins are joining us. As much as I'd like to have a party - I have a lot of work to do.

Any suggestions about how to get him to go? I'm open, and so are all of my windows.

8 comments:

Moody Family said...

Sorry, I have no suggestions, but I am sure glad I don't have woody and his cousins in my house. talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. The only experience I have had with a bird in the house is when I was in College. It involved a lot of alcohol, a big group of people waving sticks, brooms, mops,.... I don't know how it happened, but there wasn't a bird in my house by the end of the night and there was only one broken lamp. Good luck!!!

Maggie said...

I like Lori's idea... I always try the windows/door open thing when strange bugs or bees fly in my house, and it seems to work. Maybe you should google/blackle this situation.

amy said...

Thanks for the tips, you guys...The bird has (finally!) left the building - on his own. I left the windows open and eventually Woody flew the coop.

Marc said...

but his friends...is that a hornets nest?

amy said...

yeah, it is. it's pretty big!

Moody Family said...

What are you going to do about the hornets nest? In your house..... AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

amy said...

Oh, Lori...It's not actually in the house - it's on the porch, right outside the door...so when I left the door open yesterday for Woody, they were flying it...We do need to get rid of it though.

Moody Family said...

Glad it isn't in your house, but the porch is bad enough in my mind. That is one huge nest.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.