Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What on earth?

Do you ever look in the mirror and say, "ick" out loud? Honestly, right before bed I bent over the sink to spit out the toothpaste and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I was horrified at what I was looking at.

I feel like I've gotten a little off track lately. It happens. Sometimes you don't realize it until your ugly mug is staring back at you. I've been eating crap and haven't gone for a run in some time. We've been eating out way too much & not sleeping under the stars enough.

Since Adam and I met, we've taken on adventuring like it's our job. Rarely a weekend goes by that we're not miles away from home in the woods or on a river. I guess I should say "had" gone by. It's been over a month since one of our weekend adventures. Entirely too long. Sometimes life just catches up with you and before you know it you're in a rut. I don't like it. Not one bit. I miss our life and it's time to get it back.

I don't want to see a fox in a cage, I want to happen upon one while I'm walking in the woods.

I'm bored. It's time to get back out there.

4 comments:

Moody Family said...

I know what you mean..... You feel like you are caged. Have fun getting out and playing and coming across a fox while your in the woods. The outdoors seem to have healing powers that no medicine or treatment can match. Enjoy breaking out of your cage.

The Breadmaker said...

Come play in our backyard...the Rockies and YNP!!!!

Maggie said...

Oh think of all the fun you would have going on adventures if you lived in Colorado.....

petecobb99 said...

amy, i have to love you because you are my niece, but i actually love you because you are amy...

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.