Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bikini Jeannie

I've been friends with Jeannie since college and although she lives in Philly, she's still one of my closest friends.

We have random text message conversations out of punctuation marks that go a little something like this:

J: ?
A: !
J: ,
A: ?
J: .

Jeans and I are pretty much opposites...she's freakin' smart. I mean, Maggie smart. UNH was a breeze for her and then she immediately went to Temple, got her Masters and is a Speech Pathologist in a school district in a Philly suburb. Oh and on top of the brains, she's gorgeous...Scott calls her "Bikini Jeannie" - at one point we were talking about doing a whitewater rafting trip and Scott mentioned that the only way he'd get back in a raft with me would be if Bikini Jeannie came along.

She still goes out every weekend...Spends her summers, "down the shore" in her Jersey shore house that she shares with like 50 other girls so they can all afford the dang place. Something I just don't get. BUT, I do get some really great stories after said weekends. I get random things from her on my phone...This weekend she was in some costume contest thing down there and I received a picture of her in a girl scout uniform. When she called last night I asked if she completed the uniform with cookies...Of course she did. She was handing out Samoas in the bar.

Anyway, she called last night while running some errands...We ended up talking longer than usual and it was just nice.

My point to this seemingly pointless post: Sometimes, it's good to take a little time out during the week and have a good conversation about nothing with a good friend. It's good for the soul to hear about the crazy things your opposite friend from Philly may be up to.

We always end our conversations like this...One of us will get sick of being on the phone, or just run out of things to say...Sometimes it's only after two minutes:

A: I'm done with you.
J: I was done with you first.

Click.

4 comments:

Moody Family said...

Now that is how friends should be. I always love those crazy conversations with Maggie...... nothing better than talking to friends. They always know when you need it too.

Maggie said...

What exactly does that punctuation conversation mean?

cee.dub said...

i'm gonna have to see a costume picture....

amy said...

hahaha...i bet i can track one down for ya!

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.