Thursday, August 16, 2007

tired

It's been a long week, ya'll (that was for you, Lon).

Beginning on Sunday with Dad and Chia's joint birthday party, there's been a whole lotta socializing going on in my world. Late nights. So many late nights.

Actually, the late nights began on Saturday evening - after some paddling, we had some friends over to our house for a bbq that went into the wee hours. It was nice having people over, we decided we need to do that more often.

Loni and I had a ladies night on Tuesday, taking in a Brandi Carlile and Indigo Girls show. I can't say enough about Brandi. Get her stuff...You won't regret it. Incredible. The Indigo Girls - eh - maybe it's just hard to follow Brandi, I'm not sure. But I wasn't feeling it. They were good, but not Brandi good. Needless to say there was some good people watching ops at that show. Enough said.

Last night I fulfilled a promise I made to Chia eons ago, taking her out on her 21st birthday. It ended up being more low-key than I was hoping it would be for her...But it was still a good time.

And today, I'm tired...two back-to-back nights of staying up way beyond my bedtime. I'm only writing this post because it's distracting me from the loads of work I have piling up on my desk, that I can't seem to muster the brain power to tackle. But, I must.

3 comments:

Marc said...

i think you need one of dad's posters...

MOTIVATION

with an eagle or something with a fish...

Loni and Jackson said...

Tuesday was FUN FUN FUN!!! Brandi rocked of course and I have to say that it was nice seeing the Indigo Girls as well. They brought me back to my college years and all the wonderful and amazing women I knew during that time.It was very comforting. And of course the concert goers were by far the best part of the night . . . . .

petecobb99 said...

partying on a school night?
hell, yeah!!!

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.