Thursday, August 2, 2007

How dare you.

I try to keep things light and fun on this here blog, but I heard something this morning on the news that I just have to vent about.

In the wake of the bridge collapse in Minneapolis, I was reminded of something that really gets under my skin about the mainstream media. Following the story about this tragedy, the anchor closed by saying, "what an awful tragedy, but we realize it could have been much worse."

Oh yeah?

And how about the mother at home listening to that news report that lost her son to the collapse? Do you think she feels that it "could have been much worse?" Or the husband that lost his wife? Nah. They just lost their entire world's, so for them, no it could not have been much worse.

2 comments:

petecobb99 said...

with ya all the way...

Marc said...

there's that and the "Frown to Happy" segue to "And now in other news, puppies cure cancer"

that always gets under my skin -

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.