Monday, July 16, 2007

"What are you buying those jimmies for?!"

I do not enjoy grocery shopping with Adam. Adam does not enjoy grocery shopping with me. Which is why we rarely go together. We have totally different views on grocery shopping. I'm a list person. He says making a grocery list makes me an old lady. For as much as I love food and trying new recipes, I really like to just get in and get out of the store. Adam likes to browse, take his time, check out new foods. Whatever. I have *never* come home with a $256.00 grocery bill.

Last night found us together at the grocery store. I did not have a list and he was hungry...You see where this is headed? Actually, last night wasn't as bad as some others, because he was hungry and just wanted to get home to eat.

We did, last minute realize we forgot a spice we needed, so with a full cart we headed to the baking aisle. We got the spice and on our way back down the aisle to the checkout, we found ourselves by the ice cream sundae making stuff...

Adam: "Hey, we don't have jimmies, do we?"
Amy: "No, but we don't have ice cream either, and we don't need either."
Adam: "I'm sure I can find something to put them on." Throws the jimmies in the cart.
Amy: Rolls eyes

Adam is up and out the door by 6:00 AM during the week, long before I'm even thinking about opening my eyes. I got up this morning, bleary-eyed getting ready to take Kobe for his morning jaunt and I find this in the kitchen:

Despite our grocery shopping differences, I guess I'll keep him around.

5 comments:

The Breadmaker said...

Looks like something one of the Warner Brothers would do...they are hopelessly romantic!!( Lucky us )Makes him a keeper in my book!

Loni and Jackson said...

I have started a blog and don't know how to tell everyone. here is the adress. I leave it in your hands. http://notimetowrite.blogspot.com/
love,
scott

Lynn said...

How sweet!

petecobb99 said...

mmmmmmm.......jimmies.......

Marc said...

well -that's sweet - but amy - EVERYONE NEEDS JIMMIES.

Always.

No matter if you have them already or not.

You ALWAYS need jimmies. There could be an emergency. you never know.

so be nice.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.