Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's days like today...

...that make me long for days like this February day...It was the "Valentine's Day Storm" and we headed up to Bretton Woods for our only powder day of the year. It was freaking amazing. Now that's a fun Valentine's Day!


I know, being a life-long New Englander, I'm supposed to dread the long, horrible winters here. Sorry, I don't. Probably because I've never had to work outside through one. But I like winter. There's no "hot & humid", no deerflies when you're out walking, and if you're cold, heck put on a sweater.

I'm not wishing my life away, and I'll enjoy what summer has to offer while it's here - but I can't wait for the chill of September to settle in.

11 comments:

Marc said...

see - i'm still waiting for SUMMER to start.

the only fond memories of snow for me are arguing over who had to shovel the end of the driveway...

amy said...

ahhh, the good old days.

Maggie said...

I concur!

Loni and Jackson said...

that is horse shit amy elizabeth... i remember the days when all you would do was complain about how cold it was. why dont you get an air conditioner then?how easliy we forget . . .
love
scott

gardenboy said...

Great comment Scott. And you picked the right kind of animal. Especially the ending...."love scott". Still has me laughing!!!

amy said...

when were those days, scott? '86?

hello...2007, beeatch.

it's on.

Loni and Jackson said...

try this winter (2007) spanky.buying expensive does not make one an enthusiast

Love
Scott

Loni and Jackson said...

toys- the missing word is toys.

gardenboy said...

children now calm down.......

gardenboy said...

or the beermaker will be after you

amy said...

wow, now you're hitting below the belt! ouch.

why don't you go buy some more roost, er, I mean chickens.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.