Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fisher!

Sunday, on my way over to visit S, L, J & C a fisher ran out in front of my car. I yelled out to myself and Kobe, "Holy S^%T, that was a fisher cat!" I get extremely excited anytime I come across wildlife. Nature is cool!

Me being me, when I got home later on in the afternoon, I googled "fisher" and learned about these critters. Known to be quite the predators with a reputation for being pretty nasty (they continually bite porcupines in the head until they bleed to death), they're part of the weasel family. From my research, I also learned that I was quite lucky to see one of these buggers, they are very elusive apparently.

I also found a video: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/558287558iESvZQ

Although I'm guessing, unintended to be - I found this comment to be pretty funny:

you should of shot the damn thing. you know how many of my cats that stupid animal has eaten. last night the ##### thing got my cat cleo. i hope all fishers die.

Might be time to consider leaving Cleo II, III, etc. inside? Just a thought.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I wish he would have said how many cats had actually been consumed...

Lynn said...

Please keep an eye on little Kobe! He's so friendly, he'd go up to the beast and start a game of lie in a bed of pine needles in the forest (other dogs would play the dog version of tag).

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.