Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's going down

If you read my entry yesterday, you would notice that one of the things I love about living in the country is silence. Usually my little "neighborhood" is peaceful and quiet. That is, except when my neighbors two mini pinscher's start their yapping.

I'm not going to discuss why on earth I think someone would even want a dog that is smaller than most cats...I'll leave my feelings about little dogs out of this. But I will say that I can't stand their "bark." It is piercing. And with summer, comes open windows and it is almost constant.

I've been suffering in silence...Summer's 1/2 over I think to myself, soon the windows will be closing and I won't have to listen to them (as much). Read: I am a wimp and hate confrontation. My town isn't exactly upscale...Some of the people that live here are a little, mmm, rough around the edges. Recently, new people moved in directly next to the "yappy dog people" as Adam and I call them.

Weeeellll, seems that the new people aren't so afraid of confrontation. Last night when I got home from riding, I was sitting out on the deck finishing up some work for the evening. And then they started. Yap, yap, yap. The dogs were particularly noisy yesterday. The "yappy dog people" leave for the day and their windows stay open. Anytime there's a noise outside, these dogs go at it. But they were home at this point. So what do the new people do? They start "yapping" back. I kid you not.

First of all...Who does this? Yap back at dogs? What will that accomplish? I can tell you what it will accomplish...Pissing off your neighbors. Because next I hear, "God dammit" from the "yappy dog people."

So now every time the dogs bark, the neighbors bark back at them. It's on and it's gonna be good. The dogs might still be barking, but at least it just got more interesting.

3 comments:

Marc said...

They BARK BACK?

That's fantastic.

Moody Family said...

Oh.......MY........What a situation. You have built in entertainment. We are totally with you on the yapping dogs (enough so barking back might be an option in that situation). I love it. You know...now that I think about it, Jason would bark back, in fact, he does. That is a baby for you though. Our neighbors think he is crazy too. I can just see it now, sitting on the porch, drinking a cold beer and listening the the chorus....fun.

Loni and Jackson said...

amy- raymond needs to be blown up- there is nothing ok about that town. i speak from experience. if you want nature move in with marc or live in a campground.those yap dogs are probably protecting the meth lab and inappropriate pictures. you have to accept your neighbors.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.