Monday, July 9, 2007

monday blahs

After spending a couple of days camping, paddling, hiking and just generally enjoying life, it's always a disappointment to sit at my desk on Monday mornings. I know you're all shedding some serious tears for me. OK, I'm over it.

Seriously though, it was another fun weekend for us. I paddled a river that I chose not to when I had the opportunity last year and it was pretty fun. Adam lead and chose some nice, easy lines for me. Although at the first drop he had forgotten about an almost riverwide pourover (pourover: water going over a rock that creates a "seam" and can be dangerous and hold your boat...You have to work to get out of them.) So, I could tell he meant it when he said, "Oops, paddle hard over here, to me, follow me, follow me..." Good news is, that I saw it on my own...I'm gettin' better with the river reading skills.

After some fun paddling, we ventured, slowly - back home. We decided to try a new way back (thanks, Scott)...and headed down through Pinkham Notch, with a stop to see one of the creeks Adam paddled in the fall (http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/1171/). It was beautiful in there, but I forgot the dang camera in the truck. I need to get better about bringing it!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

This post is officially the post of Amy using big kayak words that the rest of us do not know.

amy said...

i took your previous criticism and used definitions! Hmph. :)

you need to take your lesson so that you know them too.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.