Friday, March 21, 2008

Make it stop.

In the middle of the night, I heard what I thought was the bass of yet another suped up honda civic. There's lots of those around here. Why do people think it makes them cool to blast their music in their low-rider? Does it make them cool? Maybe I'm the uncool one. Highly likely.

Anyway, I thought I heard another one...parked outside in the middle of the night. The sound was so distinct. Bah bah, BUMP, bah, bah, BUMP. Usually, this can be heard briefly, as the car passes by. But, this time, someone was parked right outside.

"Make it stop." I said to Adam, who then got up to investigate where the car was. He walked around the house, looking out all of the windows and couldn't see the car. But, he heard it too.

Finally, he walks toward the back of the room and starts laughing, quietly. "If I tell you to come and put your ear up to the wall, you have to promise not to bust out laughing and bang on the wall." he whispered.

The culprit was our neighbor (we live in a duplex), snoring. Snoring louder than I've ever heard anyone snore in my life. But, that's what it was, for sure. And it was funny, and I did laugh out loud. Adam gave me the other side of the bed, with the fan and I slept like a champ for the rest of the night.

4 comments:

petecobb99 said...

um, did you ever hear my father snore?
some of his are still echoing around, i'm sure...

mcw said...

there's a rumor that i snore. must be in the genes.

Loni and Jackson said...

I think the key to quieting down the cars is to remind the drivers that no matter how loud the music is, your still driving a civic.

Marc said...

that's just too funny.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.