Tuesday, March 18, 2008

High of 53 degrees and a 70% chance of rain

That pretty much sums up the forecast for spring in Oregon. In case you were wondering what you should wear on your visit here. When you come visit me. Really that seems to be what the weather people say every single forecast that I happen to catch.

What I find really funny is that one station even does a check of itself...Like...let's see how I did forecasting the weather yesterday: 53 degrees, check. Rain, check. I'm a genius at my job. Give me a break dude, I could have told you what the weather was going to be today. Do you really deserve a pat on the back? I don't think so.

The weather in Wallagong, Australia was quite lovely yesterday...I can tell you that because I saw it for myself. That's right...All thanks to my handy-dandy webcam. Chia, who is studying abroad this semester, showed me around her apartment which ended with a view off her deck...which I couldn't really see because the sun was so blinding.

Although, I didn't get a peek outside at all the snow they "supposedly" are getting in New England...Suuuure, it's snowing again...I was in Maine over the weekend, attending my niece's 3rd birthday. Thanks, webcam! It was really cool being able to watch her open her presents and eat the cake and it was also funny that she still has no use for Adam, even though he's 3,000 miles away.

Although many of us are living several miles apart, thanks to the webcam it doesn't really feel like it. It makes my heart happy to see everyone. I can't explain it, but it's different than seeing a photo or watching a video...It literally feels like we're in the same room. It's a familiar face when nothing around me is familiar.

If you don't have one, get you one and then I can see for myself the weather where you are - and your smiling face.

5 comments:

mcw said...

i just might have to get a webcam. it does seem rather high tech for me.

Loni and Jackson said...

it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. well snow and rain- i think they call it a wintery mix. i hate wintery mixes. i actually hate winter. the webcam rocks!!!! jackson asks to see amy everyday- he gets really excited until she answers the call- then he acts all shy- it's a ploy amy, he just wants to keep you interested!i wish my forecast was for 53 degrees . . . . . spring

petecobb99 said...

i need some help picking one out!

amy said...

i will send you some tips pete cobb and mcw...

i love it when jackson shows me his carrrrs...and bearrrr.

jen said...

Avery was so excited to see you at her party! And Nora searches behind the screen to find Amy or Jackson! I didn't think much of it when Marc said he was thinking of buying one but you actually feel like you're there with the person you're talking to. I was impressed! Thanks for talking Marc into it!

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.