Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Could it be the devil?

Before moving out west, we did not have cable in our little cabin. We had the rabbit ears going on...and could get three channels...it really was enough. Some days, the tv would even come in so good that you could believe you did have cable for a minute.

Well, our little friend, cable, is back in our lives and I'm not so sure this is a good thing.

I'm finding myself staying up late, for sure losing brain cells on shows like My Big Redneck Wedding...Which, for as funny as it is - if you haven't seen it and the opportunity presents itself, I highly advise that you indulge - especially if the bride and groom are Gail and John. Anyway, I can't get that 1/2 hour back.

I wish that cable companies would allow you to choose which channels you wanted...I'd probably only want a few, I'm thinking...the Discovery Channel - I love Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe, the Food Network, Animal Planet and maybe one local one for the news. That would be it. Right now, there's just too many choices and it's so tempting to keep flipping, late into the wee hours...Maybe it's time for a little self-restriction on the old tv.

6 comments:

Moody Family said...

You wouldn't want to forget the Weather Channel and National Geographic. Jason hates them, but we love them..... I am a bit of a TWC junky. But, goodluck with the boob tube restriction. At least there is some good basketball on to fill any television void this month.

mcw said...

i like the history channel, but the biggest problem with all of tv seems to be the reruns.
bring on summer when i spend more time outside and less time being a couch potato.

mcw said...

you never answered my other question - 16.2 hands = _____ feet?

Marc said...

google:

16.2 hands to feet

Marc said...

oops - 16.2 hands = 5.4 feet

forgot the answer

mcw said...

thank you. amy e-mailed the answer to me in her response to the march madness pool.
do you want to get in on it? it will cost $10-$20 depending on whether or not you want to get in on hockey, too.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.