Thursday, October 25, 2007

Yip Yip!

As promised, here's the "exciting" video of me riding. Sorry, I didn't kiss the dirt yesterday - or did I?

You'll just have to watch and find out.The first horse I'm on is a little Morgan mare, she would make the cutest little kid horse. I am obviously a bit big for her. But, I worked with her on her canter this summer - she was bullying the little kids around a bit. So cute. She's still young - a four year old.

The second horse, my instructor let me hop on at the end cause Adam was there with the video camera. He's a 5-gaited Saddlebred, I've been riding him a lot lately. He's lots of fun - and more my size. Good times!

7 comments:

Moody Family said...

Looks like fun.... good looking horses too. Can't imagine riding an English saddle though. We always learned on western. I guess that is what you ride when you are learning so that you can help move cows. I can see why you always have a smile on your face after that. Keep on having fun. Side note: Jason loves it... can't get enough of the horses.

Maggie said...

Where is your helmet young lady?!?!?! That looks a little dangerous.

Glacier has been growling for several minutes because of the dog.

Keep up the good work!

amy said...

No helmets in saddleseat, Mag!

Lori, I'm sure you laugh at all of those people that do those "city slicker" type trips - but that's always been a dream of mine. I can't believe you really got to help move cows!

Moody Family said...

You know, I wouldn't be suprised if Maggie, Cody and Zack all have moved cows as well.....just the area we grew up. If you like cows, you might be suprised to know that my geologist husband grew up on a ranch, not a fake one, but as the Meeteetse Warners can tell you, the real thing. His grandpa used to ride his horse from TX to MT following work and left home at age 11 to live on his own. Pretty wild when you think about it. Come out to Wyoming and maybe we can find someone to let you help move cows.

The Breadmaker said...

I agree on the helmet!!! #1 Cause of trauma in Wyoming is horse accidents ( not cars,guns or knives ). But I think that little Morgan mare is just my size !!

amy said...

Lori...You are so lucky! I would JUMP at the chance to move some cows.

Breadmaker...You're right - "Ali" is the perfect size for you! I know, I wear a helmet to snowboard and kayak, but for some reason I just never have when I ride.

jen said...

Avery said if she were a horse, she would let you ride! And Nora said "neigh neigh!" I think they're both quite impressed!

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.