Thursday, October 4, 2007

Today's the Big Day!

When your dreams start sayin' I can't come true,
you'd be better off without me.

Don't let em go.

-from A Gift for Melody Anne, the Avett Brothers

I've waited for this day for a long time. I feel like I'm 10 and it's Christmas. I get to see these guys live.
They provide a little inspiration when I start to think there's not much good in the world. Their live shows are supposed to be amazing and I just can't wait. I'm putting on my dancing shoes and hope to have a rockin' end to what's been a not-so-rockin' week.

7 comments:

mcw said...

subtitles would help or send me speakers at work. can't you find some mime thing?

amy said...

hahaha. you need to get headphones!

Moody Family said...

Have a great time.... There is nothing better than seeing people in concert. If we had a babysitter we would go to so many shows. Elton John was here last weekend, Tool is coming, James Taylor, Evanescence, and so many more..... If we only could find a babysitter. Tickets are super cheep too. Elton John was only $60 and that is as expensive as it gets. If you ever come to Wyoming it worth looking to see who is playing, just to get the good price and the small venue.

Marc said...

Headphones are cheap

AND you get to drown out the din of cubicle village (if that's where you are....)

have fun amy - we need to figure out this weekend still

petecobb99 said...

hope it was greater than you hoped for...

amy said...

better.

mcw said...

headphones aren't allowed

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.