Friday, October 5, 2007

Do Yourself a Favor

If you get the chance to go see the Avett Brothers, jump at it. They are absolutely the best band that no one is going to see. They pour their heart and soul out on stage. They jam. A little banjo, a little string bass, a little cello, a little guitar. Their lyrics are beautiful. You will leave with a smile on your face and it will still be there the next day. I've seen Dave, I've seen Bruce, I've seen James, I've seen Brandi C. - this is the best show I've ever gone to.

--

And they may pay us off in fame
But that is not why we came
And if it compromises truth then we will go

We came for salvation
We came for family
We came for all that's good that's how we'll walk away
We came to break the bad
We came to cheer the sad
We came to leave behind the world a better way

-Salvation Song, Avetts

No comments:

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.