Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tis the Season

I am not a fan of Halloween. I think if you're over say, 14 - you shouldn't be dressing up. We received our first (and let's face it - probably only - we don't have a lot of friends) invitation to a Halloween party yesterday. Included in the invitation, "costumes encouraged." I was almost in until I read that part.

Not going.

I hate the pressure associated with coming up the coolest costume. It's so stupid. And really, who wants to look around the room and see a bunch of adults dressed up? Not me.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's totally cute when the little ones dress up. That's how it should be. And actually, I like the pumpkin carving and seed roasting.

But, what's with these adult parties where you HAVE to go in costume? Ugh. Go ahead, call me a party pooper.

Anyway, here's a picture of the first drop on the Bottom Moose, Fowlersville. Apparently, a rafter (yes, people run that in rafts) got tossed and was stuck in the middle hole for FOUR minutes, until someone paddled over and pulled him out. Who knows? Maybe he would still be there if that hadn't happened. Scary stuff! Pretty though.

4 comments:

Moody Family said...

First.... Scary drop... I don't think I could do it. As for costumes, I can see both sides. When we were in college we used to go to the annual halloween part and if you had the best costume.... you won big. Every geology party had prizes, but some of the best were for halloween. When I was pregnant, I dressed up as the ever so blasfamous, pregnant nun. I was showing a lot by then and won the top prize (Colin dressed up as a priest), a gift certificate to a brewery/restraunt in Laramie. It was $100 (Colin and I won every year we were there). That gave Colin and I (poor college students expecting a baby aka broke) our last night out before Jason arrived. Once we were done with college and all of those big prizes became a thing of the past, we stopped dressing up, why would we? I won't do it just for fun that is for sure, I need incentive. Now I have a little one to dress up... that is much more fun. So, I am with you all of the way on the costumes, unless someone is willing to pay big bucks.

Marc said...

hmmmmmmmm

i'm not really costume people either - i AM however candy people...and if i could dress up like a hobo again and go around getting free candy...i'd be all about it.

petecobb99 said...

lighten up, go to the party, have fun...

amy said...

nah.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.