Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Keep Breathing

The one television show that I do watch on a regular basis is Grey's Anatomy. Love it. Love the unrealistic view of the ER and the peek into the lives of the interns. Actually, I thought it was unrealistic until Adam and I spent a few hours in the ER a couple of weeks ago when he injured his hand at work.

That place is full of the crazies! One woman next to us kept talking about how she was "froze" - her brain was froze, she couldn't think...And her body was froze - she couldn't eat or drink (which was BS by the way - because when the nurses left her little ER cubby, I totally heard her drinking). And how she wished she had never gotten that "damn cat" because she was going to be thrown out of her apartment TODAY because she had the cat. They called in someone from the Psych unit for her.

Anyway, I love Grey's Anatomy and was not disappointed by the season finale in the spring. Immediately following the episode, I logged onto the computer to download the final song that played as Christina struggled to shed her wedding dress after Burke left her at the alter. The song grabbed me and I had to hear the whole thing.

Well wasn't I disappointed when I learned that the song would not be released until today - this was May when I had to have it! So, instead I logged into the artist's myspace page and listened to it now and then. But it's here - and I am happy. I downloaded it from itunes first thing this morning. Have a listen!

Artist: Ingrid Michaelson
Song: Keep Breathing

http://www.myspace.com/ingridmichaelson

9 comments:

Moody Family said...

LOVE IT!!!! That will go on as one of my favs.

Moody Family said...

Knowing how much all of the Warners love music, of all kinds, I thought I would share one. We were really good friends with the bands drummer (also a geologist), the lead singer is a successful engineer and they are twins to top it off. They have a harder sound than many people like, but they are so much fun to listen to in person and they go on tour coast to coast every year. I hope some of you enjoy it..... http://www.myspace.com/teenagebottlerocket

Maggie said...

Yeah I have been a fan of Ingrid for a while now. I really like "The Way I Am." Is that on her myspace?

Grey's Anatomy is a great show, and always has great music. He is how James Blunt gained a lot of fame! They always list the music from their show on the website... aparently they have a person who specifically picks out new and great music, gets paid for it, and is taken very seriously. I want her job.

Everytime I go to Salt Lake, I feel like I am in that show... there are always goofy interns trying to please the ego-maniac doctor. Fun times.

amy said...

lori...i'll check out that myspace page - thanks! i love checking out new stuff.

seriously, mag - how does someone get a gig like that?! pretty sweet.

petecobb99 said...

music is one thing, but network tv, except 'the office', sucks, and that includes all of the nighttime soap operas masquerading as drama...

The Breadmaker said...

You know I have lived it for the last 16 years... the ER, the OR, the whole hospital scene. Yeah, its always a drama of some kind or another. Its always people saying stupid things and people reacting. It is life and death. But the jumping into the closet to have sex after the big surgery? Doesn't happen!!Not even to the people who are married to each other!

gardenboy said...

you should also check out other music from Greys. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals are a band that is based in Waitsfield VT. Town next to Moretown. I have known her since she was about 12 years old. I play hockey with her dad every week. Can't say Grace and I are friends but I do know her.

mcw said...

i wish i had speakers at work.

amy said...

gardenboy - i will do that.

mcw - get some headphones! that's an essential work accessory.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.