Saturday, September 8, 2007

Carnage!

I was driving down the highway tonight after a rain shower and there they were: frogs. These little guys were *everywhere* - absolutely unavoidable. Trust me, I tried. For some reason in this particular spot - and I swear I'm not exaggerating - there were 100 of them. They were jumping all over the place. I literally said, "Oh lordy, sorry you guys!" out loud. It was frog madness - almost like a mass frog suicide.

I did a quick online search but couldn't find out why frogs flock to wet roads.

Does anyone know?

6 comments:

petecobb99 said...

i think it is because they are frogs

Marc said...

I was walking avery down the street yesterday and there was similar carnage...
A:"Is that frog alright"
M:"No, he's dead babe"
A:"He will go home to his mom, and she will sing ABC's and make him feel better"
M:"She will?"
A:"Yes, but she'll sing "Ribbit" instead of the letters"

then we sang the ABC song...substituting "Ribbit" for the letters.

Moody Family said...

Very strange, in Wyoming it isn't a frog mass suicide........ we have a rabbit suicide problem. Poor Thumper.

Marc said...

"thumper"

that's funny on so many levels.

Marc said...

Is this you?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_frogs_come_out_in_the_rain

amy said...

that's weird...you can just ask a question on there? no, that's not me...

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.