Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bye Bye, Perez

His website is like crack.

Seriously. And I'm an addict.

I made a decision yesterday to quit cold turkey. Honestly? It's *killing* me not to check it. There should be a rehab facility for this. Unless you live under a rock or are enlightened enough already to not care about celebrity gossip, you know who I'm talking about. If I got you hooked on this site, I apologize - let's quit together and start a support group.

I was working along in the loft, bee-bopping to some tunes, when the following line from a Marley song caught me:

While you point your fingers, someone else is judging you.


Eek. So true. Sure, I suppose you could use the argument that celebrities put themselves in the spotlight and it's all part of the biz. But they're people and it's gotta hurt them. Plus, we got bigger things to be worried about than who "they're" sleeping with, yes?

It's human nature I suppose, to gossip about other people. Not sure why...I guess temporarily it makes us feel better about ourselves. I try hard not to do this. But, I'm as guilty as anyone.

So anyway, yeah I quit Perez. You can currently find me shaking in a corner.

9 comments:

Moody Family said...

What is Perez?

amy said...

good. keep it that way. do yourself a favor and don't google it.

Moody Family said...

good luck with recovery.... but I have to look.... it is like a bad scene... i can't help myself. Hang in there..... you will make it through this tough time.

Moody Family said...

googled it.... don't worry, not addicted. Funny though. I wonder what is so interesting about kids going to school and people eating dinner or even someones choice of attire? Strange that it holds such a high place in our society.

Maggie said...

You were the one that made me start reading it.

amy said...

i know, i know...sorry - Maggie.

Loni and Jackson said...

amy i made the same pledge a couple weeks back. it didn't work. i am trying instead to only check it once a day and then maybe eliminate it all together. it's not the first thing i check any more. i will totally join your support group!

amy said...

you did, tiny dancer?? i didn't know that...haven't checked it yet, so far, so good.

Marc said...

The first step is admitting that i dont care what Celebrities are up to in any way shape or form....

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.