Monday, November 26, 2007

It's all about the stuffing and other stuff

Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I love the stuffing. And nobody does it better than Grandma. That woman outdid herself this year and a fun Thanksgiving was had by all. I must admit that we probably had the most entertaining conversation around the table on Thanksgiving this year. I haven't laughed so hard in quite some time, as Loni and Scott shared with us that Jackson already knows about girl and boy parts.

I have to give a huge shout out to Jeff for requesting Grandma's famous coffee cake. I woke up in the middle of the night Thanksgiving Eve and said to myself (I'm not making this up - this really happened), oh no, I didn't ask for the coffee cake. Thankfully, Jeff was on his toes this year and asked for it. He and Lee were missed at the Thanksgiving table.

It was a really good few days off. Although Adam and I went our separate ways on Thanksgiving Day (we both wanted to spend Thanksgiving with our families - so we did), we spent the rest of the weekend together and it was a lot of fun. Some highlights included going to Pawtuckaway and seeing a really big owl devouring a grey squirrel - of course, I forgot the camera on that trip. But take my word for it, it was super cool. In addition to the wildlife, we watched the movie, Elf and it inspired us to attempt making our own gingerbread house.

After assembling it, we decided that our gingerbread house would probably be in the ghetto. And, I felt like a bear getting ready to hibernate as we made it - one gumdrop for me, one for the house, one tootsie roll for me, one for the house - and so on. Needless to say, I will be taking a break from the sweets for awhile. Below you will see the fruits of our labor.

As we baked the gingerbread, the ever-optimistic Kobe waits for some to land on the floor.

The aerial view. Note the candy cane fence in the far right of the picture - we tried to hold it up with fluff...If you're going to build a house, don't use fluff - it moves.

6 comments:

Loni and Jackson said...

Nice job Amy- I think I've been to that house when I was in Raymond once. . . . it looks rather familiar.
At least you tried- A for effort.

brinki dink said...

You guys are way too cute. Your gingerbread house is adorable!

mcw said...

very creative. you could sell them on e-bay.

mcw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moody Family said...

Good enough to eat!!

GB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.