Friday, November 2, 2007

"Whatcha doing?!"

My new little four-year-old neighbor LOVES Kobe. She's home most days, and so am I. I leave the door open for Kobes to go in and out throughout the day...At first I found it a little annoying that I lost my peace and quiet. But she's sweet and I think a little bored:

Maddy: Heeeeeey!!!! Whatcha doin'? (as she pokes her head in my house)
Amy: Workin'. Nothing exciting.
Maddy: You gotta go to the post office today? (that's usually where I'm headed when I'm running out and she's out there)
Amy: Yeah, in a little bit.
Maddy: Oh. Well, I can keep Kobe busy while you're workin' if ya want.
Amy: OK, I'm sure he'd love that. Go for it.

A few minutes of silence.

Maddy: Heeeyyy! I tried to get him to play with his chicken, but he's just lying there.
Amy: Yeah, he does that. Sorry - he's a lazy old man.
Maddy: Hmmm. Well, I think I'm gonna go home.
Amy: OK. Bye!

A little while later...I walk out the door to go run some errands.

Maddy: Heeeeeyyyy! Whatcha doin? Goin' to the post office?
Amy: Yep.
Maddy: But you're gonna come back?
Amy: Yeah.
Maddy: When? Soon?
Amy: Yep, be home in just a bit.
Maddy: OK, well, I can play with Kobe when you get back?
Amy: Sure.

And so it goes...

1 comment:

Marc said...

That is so awesome.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.