Thursday, November 1, 2007

To the Girlie out West

As I'm sending as much positive energy to my friend/cousin out West as I possibly can, everyday to heal and be well...Today I started thinking how lucky we are that she pushed us to do this whole blog thing. Some of us entered - reluctantly and with skepticism. But I'm glad we're all here.

Now that Halloween is over (yay!), tis the season for feeling thankful and well, I'm really glad we're blogging about what's happening in our lives. I'm getting to know some of you in ways that - living thousands of miles apart - I just wouldn't. We get to have little glimpses into what we're all up to and I'm really happy about that.

I'm glad that Mike joined us and that I got to participate in his little baseball playoff thingy. And that he's keeping us up-to-date on what's happening with the PA Warner's. Who knew Cody was such a poet? And it's cool to check in on Gary's blog - because well, we just never know what he's going to say next! And heck, I might not have even known that Jeff is in school had it not been for the blogs. OK, I might have, but with the blogs, we get little progress reports that we wouldn't have. And Karen, when she's done with school, hopefully she'll have some more time to let us know what she's up to.

Jen, Marc, Loni & Scott keep me laughing with their little kid and chicken stories and although I really don't get Marc's sense of "humor" it's fun to try and figure it out. And who the heck's Grandmother has a blog but ours? Not many!

Wherever our crazy lives may take us, I think it's just great that we can log on and find out a little bit more about each other. In between our real-life visits. And, "meet" new people, hi Lori! So let's keep it up. And thanks, Mag.

Oh, and Mom - I have started my list for the round-the-table "what i'm thankful for..." get ready - it's gonna be good this year. Heck yes it is.

1 comment:

Moody Family said...

I agree..... I wouldn't have gotten a chance to meet so many new people and enjoy the tales from back east. Maggie had a great idea and we will keep on writing while she is down. Hang in there Maggie, and thanks to everyone for sharing.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.