Monday, January 21, 2008

A little preview of what's to come...

We returned last night from our whirlwind trip to the Pac Northwest and things are officially in motion. We put a deposit on a little duplex within walking distance to Adam's school...so, that will make it nice and cheap while he's a student. We've resigned ourselves to living in suburbia for a few months.

In addition to touring the school (which was great - phew!), we found a farm for me to ride at and I went out for a lesson one morning. They were all very nice people there, with lots of horses - I think I will be in for some good times there. Here's a view looking out from one of the barns:

The one day we did go exploring, we decided to head out to Hood River through the Columbia Gorge. There was a waterfall like every couple of miles - we did lots of stopping and walking.




No good mountain pictures, as it rained the entire time we were there. We were told by a lot of locals that this is probably the worst time to visit, weatherwise. I didn't really mind it all that much, but may be singing a different tune after a couple of months of it. I'll let ya know.

So, we depart in about three weeks...We've got a place to stay, a barn to ride at, many mountains and rivers to explore...oh, and one of us has a school to attend too. A little scary to move to the other side of the country where I know no one...But, it will be good for me to step out of the old comfort zone for a bit.

I sure hope these pictures will entice you to visit while we're there...we've got an extra bedroom and will be happy to have you.

12 comments:

Moody Family said...

WOW!!! Now that is beautiful. What an awsome adventure this will be for you. Good luck with packing.

Kat said...

We are heading to Seattle in August. Not sure how long we are staying or what is planned but if we will be there long enough we will definitely let you know.

Jeffrey said...

I second that WOW. Good luck to both of you. I hope you have fun and learn plenty while you are there. Amy will you keep doing the same job you are doing now?

amy said...

thanks, guys!

Kathi - definitely let me know.

yes, jeff...i'm going to be able to keep my same job, so that's nice.

it will definitely be an adventure! i'll keep you all updated...the good, bad and the ugly.

Jeffrey said...

when do you leave?

amy said...

2/9 is the set departure date.

mcw said...

it really looks nice out there.
have a safe journey.
good luck to both of you.

Kat said...

Be safe and drive carefully.

The Breadmaker said...

How soon are you open for business?

amy said...

a & a's bed and breakfast will be open for business around 2/16!

petecobb99 said...

umm, if we come out you should know we eat more than just breakfast...
more than 50 brewpubs listed on beerme.com for you to check out!
i'll come help...

Jeffrey said...

Hi Amy...I can't find your email address. Would you email me so I can send you something? Thanks-no hurry.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.