Thursday, December 6, 2007

Strange Eating Habits

Adam tells me that I am the pickiest eater he's ever met. I've never thought of myself as a picky eater - and for the record still don't. But, I guess I do have some quirky ideas of what I will, and will not eat...

*No pulp whatsoever allowed in my orange juice. I can't deal with chunks in anything I drink...Ugh, just the thought of it...

*No cooked carrots, but I love them raw. Instant gag if I try to eat them cooked. I really don't like any veggie cooked, except potatoes, and especially if they're in a fry.

*NO cherries. Every time someone offers me one, I'm instantly back in 4th grade when this girl told me she'd give me her brownie if I ate a cherry. I couldn't do it. Kids are so mean.

For the longest time, I wouldn't go near guacamole because of the color. But then one day, I decided to try it and I'll be damned...it's now one of my most favorite things. Lately I've decided to start trying foods that I think I hate. Some examples? Cottage cheese...I really like that stuff now...and just this afternoon I tried yogurt...not bad. One thing I tried and yes, I definitely still hate? Raisins. Yuck.

Got any weird eating habits? Foods you thought you hated, now you love?

7 comments:

Moody Family said...

I pretty much eat anything and everything. My mom always told us that we can never say that we hate anything, it is just too strong of a word, so I don't care for some foods. One is raisins. I try them once each year and they don't get better. I don't care for raw mushrooms.... taste like dirt. I will eat them cooked though. But my strange thing is that I don't like sweet and savory mixed. It repulses me. When I eat meat, I don't want fruit or something candied with it.... I will eat them separately, but YUCKY, when they are mixed.

Loni and Jackson said...

ham. i hate ham. don't like bacon either. yuck.

Loni and Jackson said...

ham. i hate ham. don't like bacon either. yuck.

gardenboy said...

you already said that once. I believed you the first time. Funny you should say you don't like ham. I too used to dislike ham. (You can't really hate something that can't hate you back. G.B. taught me that) But now I seem to really enjoy it. Do you like mustard Scott?

amy said...

we had a nice ham dinner on friday night, shoulda called you to come over...

And gardenboy/lori...i know, i know...hate is a strong word.

GB said...

zindiwarHow can anyone not like raisins--they
are so good in cookies! I would have come to your house for a ham dinner last Friday--how come you didn't invite me!!!

mcw said...

liver.
don't like it.
will never try it again. doesn't matter how much stuff, like onions, that you pile on top of it.
didn't like cooking it when i worked for hojo.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.