Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sometimes, a girl just wants to get her groove on

I've had my same ole, same ole morning routine going on for the past year - since I started working from home...Get up, walk the dog, make some coffee, hit the desk, turn on npr for some company (that's a little sad, I realize)...Anywho...

For the past few days I've thrown on some tunes and added a little chair dancing to my morning routine. And a couple of times, I've gotten up and danced around the cabin...Why am I confessing this to you all? Well, I want to add some new tunes to the mix, which currently only consists of Justin Timberlake's SexyBack and Christina Aguilera's Ain't No Other Man...OK, so now that you've had a good laugh at my expense:

When you get up and dance around when no one's looking - who's on your playlist?

7 comments:

Moody Family said...

Jason and I spend a good portion of our day dancing (it is his favorite activity besides singing), but I have to say that I have almost completely forgotten what adult music sounds like. It has been kiddo music for almost 1 year in our house and I don't think anything else has played. So we get our groovy moves out for things like "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Pat -a-Cake", and the always loved "Skimery dink y dink"..... we rock. I guess I would be lying if I didn't say that the mexican salsa radio channel does come on every once and a while..... it brings out some of Jason's best moves.

Maggie said...

i'll make you a cd of my secret music that i love. i'm afraid if i say it on here i might get beat up, but you will like it, i swear!

Marc said...

We also rock it out to kids music - Lauri Berkner - a HELL of a lot better than the aforementioned kids music.

Maggie said...

My children will not be listening to bad kids music, for the record. Hey, when we grew up we listened to my dad's radio station and all his music. And it was damn good.

Loni and Jackson said...

Timbaland.

brinki dink said...

My guilty indulgence for dancing around by myself: Beyonce, B-day album. "to the left, to the left". Buju Banton and Notorious BIG are also good boody shaking music too. :)

amy said...

Thanks for the tips you guys...Mag, I think you need to send that mix to Lori to...,eh? She needs to be saved from the kid music...!

B: Beyonce?? Love it!

Can't wait to start downloading!

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.