Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A thing that made me go, hmmm.

I was doing some research about Florida National Forests today and I found the following warning about alligators rather humorous, particularly the last line:

Alligators are present in this forest. They are an important part of Florida’s ecology and may be found wherever there is a body of water. They have a natural fear of man, but may lose that fear by being around people especially if they are fed. When this happens alligators can be dangerous. For this reason alligators should not be fed or molested in any way.

Molested? What kind of sick-o is gonna "molest" an alligator?

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Okay that is officially disgusting! But I looked on dictionary.com for the defination of molest and it says:

1. To disturb, interfere with, or annoy.
2. To subject to unwanted or improper sexual activity.


Hopefully they mean the first one.

amy said...

I did the same thing, Mag! Don't you agree that their word choice isn't the best? ICK. They should just say "harass" or "annoy"

Maggie said...

Oh I completely agree. Somebody should've hit the synonym button!

Marc said...

wait...you're not supposed to molest alligators?

man...i wish someone had told me that when i was at rollins - now all the looks i got make sense...

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.