Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dayum!

Every time I hear her voice, I'm just mesmerized...I'm talkin' bout Lauryn Hill. There's something so raw and beautiful and honest about her music. Don't believe me? Download "Adam Lives in Theory" from her MTV Unplugged session 2.

I was in the mood for listening to the ladies last night, so I put together a girlie mix for myself and that song made the list. Here are the others:

Big Girls Don't Cry: Fergie (my first Fergie song ever, as I told Mag earlier in the week...I dig it!)
Break Your Heart: Natalie Merchant
I Don't Wanna Talk About It: Indigo Girls
Complicated Melody: India.Arie
Dirt & Dead Ends: Indigo Girls
There's Hope: India.Arie
Love is Blind: Eve
Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatters: Indigo Girls
Like a Star: Corinne Bailey Rae
Powerless: Nelly Furtado

Pretty mellow list...I'm in the mood for something a little less heavy for my next list - you know, some fun, thank God it's summer, get up and dance music. Any suggestions for the next mix?

No comments:

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.