Friday, March 22, 2013

Here goes nothing...

I met my personal deadline and fired off a couple of samples to the horse publication today. And now, I wait. It's hard to believe that it was just a week ago that I decided I'd give this a try. In just one week, I can feel myself being more at ease with a blank screen. A week ago this terrified me. But now I eat, sleep, and breath possible topics for my next blog post and dream about articles that I'd like to write about the horse industry.

The profile that I wrote about my fellow barn mate was completed this morning after a long night of writing and re-writing. I wanted to make sure I did justice to someone that I admire so much. Even if no one saw it but her. It was important to me that I told her story in a way that would make her proud. Talk about nerve-wracking...I sent the write-up to her for approval before I submitted to the pub as a courtesy. I anxiously awaited her response and was relieved when I read it.

So that is that. The first step is completed but hopefully it's the first of many. I've discovered how much I enjoy this. And I have to say, it's so much more fun writing about someone else other than yourself. Being able to talk to someone, ask them pointed questions, and use their responses to help shape their story is so much darn fun. Fingers crossed I get the opportunity to do it again!




the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.