Thursday, March 28, 2013

Goals for 2013 Show Season

I was asked recently to think about what my goals for the 2013 horse show season are. I had to pause and really think about this one. What are my goals? Last year was pretty simple. It was Mario's first show season, so my goal was to have clean classes and help build his confidence in the show ring. I wanted to make sure that his experiences in the ring were positive. Setting goals to achieve is an important thing for any sport because if you don't have them, then what the heck are you working toward? I have a couple of goals for 2013.

1. Win a class. This may seem like a "duh!" of course that's a goal. But I really want to take that victory pass once this year. Easier said then done, but we can do it. Our best ribbon last year was a second place but I really think we have the capability to win one this year.

2. Shake the nerves. Sometimes I get myself so worked up that I have to be perfect and not make mistakes in a class...that well, I get nervous which causes me to make mistakes. I really want to work on keeping this whole show thing in perspective and have fun with it. I do not have to be perfect. It is OK to make mistakes, the world will not end if I do. I think this will also help get us to goal #1.

2 comments:

petecobb99 said...

if you feel like you did your bbest even if you don't get top spot, you can take a lot of satisfaction from that...

amy said...

definitely! but, man just one blue ribbon would be freaking awesome (icing on an already SWEET cake) :)

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.