Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy. And a little scared.

One of the many things I learned when I went through my divorce several years ago was not to judge people. And, I don't. Everyone has a right to happiness and to live the life that they choose, who am I to say what's good for anyone, but myself?

But, I've spent a lot of the last few days worrying about what people are going to say about me and my situation when I tell them that we're packing up and moving back east. Silly, really. I know. And, a little self-centered. So, I'm not going to worry anymore.

The past few months have had many ups and downs. Admittedly, more downs than ups. But, I don't have any regrets about my decision to come out west. It sure has been an experience and I'm really glad that I came along for the ride. And, I don't have to think about any 'what-ifs' down the road.

Not really sure what the future is going to bring and part of me is freaking out slightly. But, I'm happy that we landed on this decision - it's been a struggle reaching it. Adam is transferring to a school in Connecticut. We're going to be a little smarter this time - he's going by himself and I will follow if/when he knows it's the right sitch.

As for me, I'm looking forward to taking a deep breath, sitting on the deck at the lake, to going for bike rides with Marc on his new-found trails in Maine, to walking the dogs with Scott, Lon, and Jack, strolling Portsmouth, lunching with old friends, and figuring out what my next steps will be.

It's all good. This is what life is all about, finding your way. See you on the east coast.
the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.