Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting lost is not a waste of time.

I'm not about to lie and say that the last few months were easy. There ain't nothing rosy and sunshiney about moving across the country. For three months. Only to turn around and come home. But, it was not a waste of time.

I learned to go for something. If there's something you've wanted to do...move across the country, start a new hobby...Whatever it may be - just do it. I mean sure, you may end up living in your mother...and grandmother's basement...at 32 years old...But f it! It's temporary.

I learned I like mountain biking!

I learned I'm an East Coast Kid - straight up. Some may say the West is Best...and I would not argue that point - it sure is awesome - beautiful landscape - great people. But, when we were driving back across the country and the first person cut me off on the highway, in NY, I think it was - I let out a big sigh and said...Ah, home.

Most importantly...

I learned about commitment to someone, even when times are so dark, you can't see the damn light. If you stick it through, eventually the light will shine.

I hesitate to say things are going well, because the last time I said that on this blog...well, we packed up our shit and came back...BUT, Adam's training at his new school seems to be going really well and we'll see. We've even gotten back to our old ways of adventuring...I will dig out the camera and start taking it along again and will post some pics soon.

4 comments:

Moody Family said...

Don't worry about the moving in with your mom thing.... I am there. I am moving in with my parents with my two kids and my husband.... temporary...but undefined amount of time... I feel for you. One thing you can always remember is someday our parents might be moving in with us... that is what my dad always tells me. Take care and have fun.

amy said...

Yeah, I'm pretty thankful I have a basement to go to!

mcw said...

the world is full of dreamers who never do anything.

you are a dreamer who does something. sometimes it works out. sometimes it doesn't.

that's the joy of life.

amy said...

Hey...that's really nice. Thanks.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.