Friday, May 25, 2007

countin' my lucky stars

I was witness to a pretty horrific accident just ahead of me on the highway, yesterday. Close enough to see it, not close enough to be involved. And boy am I feeling a whole lot of thankfullness today. I don't even know if "thankfullness" is a word, and if it is, if you can feel it, but whatever.

I guess that sort of thing has that affect. I'll spare you the details. But as I suspected (I received a call from a State Trooper this morning, since I called it in to 911 and the accident is under investigation), it involved a couple of cars of teenagers, messing around on their way to the beach. Thankfully, no one involved has died. The Trooper said that there were some serious injuries and there's going to be a long road of recovery for the two girls (both 16) that were in the car that sustained the most damage. However, doctors felt that if they made it through the night, they were gonna pull through. Neither of the girls was wearing a seatbelt. Enough said on that.

Anyway, life can change in an instant - we all know that. I've always tried to think positively and make the most of what comes my way. I received a paperweight as a birthday present a few years ago that sits on my desk, with this quote by Jonathan Swift, May you live every day of your life. Right on.

2 comments:

petecobb99 said...

you can never say enough about wearing a seat belt...

The Breadmaker said...

Several times in our lives,Gary and I have come onto accident scenes soon after they happened. It is SO,SO scary, even for me who has trained to be the first one there.It is like you say Amy and Cody has said many times: Listen to someone like Jimmy V. Laugh,think and cry a little bit
very day and hug the ones you love.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.