Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Catch Up!

The thought of actually having to shower daily and get dressed for work are two things I haven't had to think about for two years...That may well be changing. I interviewed for a position at the University of Connecticut today. I'm not sure how I did - usually after I interview I know if I'm in or not. Not this time. But my fingers are crossed that I did well. If you could all think positively for me, that would be super.

Adam is moving right along in his training. He took his instrument rating and certified flight instructor instrument rating written tests yesterday and passed both with flying colors. He's worked hard and I'm really proud of him.

I've started volunteering at the Hartford Children Museum's Wildlife Sanctuary and am really enjoying it. I've learned a lot in the brief time I've spent there. Did you know that snakes are deaf? And that when they shed, their eyes get cloudy and they can't see too well either. I guess that's my wildlife fun fact of the day! I'm really enjoying the turtles, of all things - believe it or not, those critters have quite the personality. When my duties are done, I like to just sit and watch the cats (a lynx and a jungle cat).

3 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Onward and upward as my old boss at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters used to tell me.

Good for you Amy. Sounds very positive. Good luck to Adam.

mcw said...

good luck. i am cerain that you impressed them.

Kat said...

Did not know that about snakes. Learn something new every day. Will send positive thoughts your way.

the wisdom's in the trees, not the glass windows - j.j.